Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Quick Stop-in at Fiber Gallery

Although there are many delightful yarn stores in my area, my very favorite yarn store in Seattle is Fiber Gallery. They are very crochet friendly and offer many yarns that I love. I forgot to take pictures of the inside of the store since I was *ahem* distracted by yarn romance. Oh darn, I guess I'll have to go back sometime and take pictures ;)


Sadly, the owner of Fiber Gallery is selling the business. I really hope that it continues to maintain its awesomeness. Since I want to savor every moment of current Fiber Gallery goodness, I visited the store this past weekend with my friend Jodi who had never visited a yarn store before. Yep, you read that right, it was her first trip to a yarn store! She bought some neat Berroco and Malabrigo goodies. I walked away with Cascade Eco Wool for a special project that I'll be mentioning soon.


Fiber Gallery is located on my very favorite street in all of Seattle because of its fabulous stores and eateries. Tragically, the street was recently rocked by a gas explosion about a block away from the yarn store that caused a lot of property damage. It completely destroyed one of my very favorite coffee spots, Neptune Coffee. Not only that, but The Greenwood Space Travel Supply Company, storefront and financial support for the writing and kid-centered programs offered by The Bureau of Fearless Inquiry, was also damaged. What a horrible thing to happen to such a lovely neighborhood.

In this difficult time I am very happy to support my local yarn store and to get a friend hooked on local yarn stores as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.