Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Busy Days, Secret Crochet, and Knitting

Boy have I been spending a lot of time crocheting. I've got a few patterns out in testing, a pattern on the hook (it's gonna be a free one!), a yarn review project that I'm still working on, a commission, and a super secret group of projects that are my first priority. It's so hard to keep crochet secrets. I want to share them with you but it just isn't time yet. I promise I will fill you in the moment I can! :)

In between crocheting I've been doing a bit of knitting, basically as a break from crochet whenever my wrist begins to hurt. I have two projects on my needles. The first is an experiment in graphing. I freehanded this garter stitch panel with a stockinette heart. I am now making an additional panel so that I can sew the two together into a pouch. It's shaky, but decent. Here's what I posted to Instagram.


I'll show you the finished product when it's ready. The other knitting project I'm tooling around with is a basketweave swatch/java jacket/maybe scarf, I'm not quite sure yet. I'm also making this one without a pattern. I wanted to see what would happen if I alternated knit and purl stitches in sets of 5 stitches to 10 rows (with knit stitches on the back side) and this is the result. I'm sure it's in a million different knitting stitch dictionaries, but I was excited to 'discover' it for myself :)


What WIPs do y'all have going right now? What do you do to keep from spilling the beans when you have a secret crochet project?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.