Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Nautical Baby Blanket

When I was in college I was in a sorority, Delta Gamma to be specific. Delta Gamma's symbol is the anchor, so many of my sisters got into anchors and other nautically-themed items. One of my lovely testers, Burgundy, asked me for some ideas regarding a nautical blanket pattern. As you can imagine I was totally ready to jump on board (ba dum ch). I present to you the Nautical Baby Blanket, complete with anchor!






I am really proud of this pattern for several reasons. I love the way the color waves and the texture waves interact with each other. I love that the anchor applique is a bit larger than what's currently available and is worked in one piece. Finally, I love the special technique that's used to give the border a corded look.

The Nautical Baby Blanket pattern is available on Ravelry and Craftsy. Work one up for your little sailor!

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I wanted to double the size of the blanket. I just want to make sure I have the right math. The blanket in the pattern is ch125 +2 so if I want to double it it will be ch250 +2 to start?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should start with 252. I have answered your question on Ravelry as well. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I bought this pattern and I'm so excited about it. I'm a bit of a beginner though and I'm just not doing something right. In the even number rows when you are doing the scs, do you crochet on the back rows only or do you still go under both? I just can't tell if I should be having kind of a stitching that pops out a little. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I answered your question through Ravelry. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Hi, Sara. This pattern is beautiful! I bought it today through Craftsy. I have the same question. Could you help? Thanks!

      Delete
    3. The pattern is completed as written. Never fear, no extra details or surprises.

      Delete

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.