Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Cozy Crochet with a Friend

The holiday season is in full swing here in the city. If you've never been in a big city during the holidays, I highly encourage you to visit one sometime. The excitement is buzzing and there are lights and decorations high and low.


It's been unusually cold outside lately, but that doesn't bother me. I've been spending my time indoors being roasty-toasty. Once a week I get together with my friend Katie, the manager of our complex, to spend the evening crocheting and chatting in the comfy clubroom. It's been so fun to watch her work on her project. She just recently finished the large blanket she's been working on, Ellen Gormley's Sunny Spread. It looks amazing!


Having finished her blanket, Katie spent our last meeting putting together classic popcorn and cranberry garlands for her Christmas tree. Her project smelled so good!


It's so fun having friends who share my love of crochet. Katie and I are hoping to expand our crochet circle. In fact, another resident recently gifted Katie a beautiful scarf that she made following a pattern in a Japanese-style crochet book.


I hope that you are all enjoying winter as much as I am and spending time with friends and family. Happy hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.