Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

This Honey Just Got A Bit Sweeter

Remember my Sweet As Honey Set? I have some fun news! I showed a picture of it to a very dear friend of mine. Apparently her boyfriend's father has begun to keep bees. How awesome! We need more bees and it's wonderful to hear about people who are looking into beekeeping as a hobby. She and her boyfriend commissioned me to make a scarf based on the Sweet As Honey Pattern for his birthday. Yikes! I was a bit nervous about trying to modify a pattern meant for babies into something wearable by a grown man, but I think I did a pretty good job.



If you like the look of a blanket pattern, chances are you can turn it into a scarf by shortening it and/or adding fewer rows. I really like to snoop through the projects pages of patterns on Ravelry because chances are that someone out there has come up with an ingenious secondary use. Hats become purses, shawls become ponchos, and blankets become scarves. Never be afraid of bending a pattern to your will and making it fit your needs.

By the way, I was lucky enough to receive a picture of the happy recipient and even got permission to post it here. Makes my day :) Happy Hooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.