Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Focus: Stacey Trock

When I began to get serious about crochet a few years ago, I couldn't get enough of it. I bee-lined for the crafts section every time I went to the bookstore, closely examined crochet items that I found in shops, and of course scoured the internet for crochet resources. During my journey I came upon the work of Stacey Trock. Her brand FreshStitches is an inspiration to crocheters and entrepreneurs alike. Stacey is a woman of many hats, and I instantly fell in love with her unique designs, blog, podcasts, tutorials, and cheerful personality. She has done so much work to brighten the lives of crocheters, especially beginners. She even has two books out! It is with great pleasure that I present her as today's Friday Focus. As you can tell, I'm a little star struck! Take it away, Stacey...

Who taught you to crochet? How long have you been doing it?
My mom taught me to crochet when I was about 5 or 6... so I've been doing it basically as long as I can remember!

Why do you crochet?
I've always loved stuffed animals, and crochet creates a stiff fabric that's perfect for making animals. Sewing also makes lovely toys, but a sewing machine is noisy and isn't portable! That's why I always have some crochet with me.

Crochet Favorites
Yarns: Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's Wool,  Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Cotton, Spud and Chloe Sweater, Cascade 220 Superwash, Ella Rae Classic Wool.
Hook: Susan Bates Aluminum (inline)
Book: Any Japanese animal crochet book... they're so cute! 


What are you working on right now? What is your next project?
Right now, I'm crocheting a lion... I'm really excited about his mane! Next up, I'm thinking of a baby koala and some dog breeds!

A few finished objects...
I adore slugs and snails... and so when I was looking for something fun for my hair, I just *knew* I had to make a slug hair barrette!


I had been putting off designing a doll for the longest time... I just couldn't decide how to get the styling right. And then, one day, the idea for Mia hit me! And I love her :)

 
I just can't get enough of this guy's mane! I love rainbows :)


Those amigurumi speak for themselves. Super adorable! She certainly has a way with shape that has given all of her patterns a very recognizable style. Stacey has over 200 patterns to choose from, so there is certainly a pattern (or two!) for everyone. You can find her on her website, Ravelry, Facebook, and Twitter (@freshstitches). Amazing! My personal favorite pattern is the planet since I'm such a space nerd. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.